Monday, April 23, 2012

a child's prayer.

[Uncle Brady turns 21 this week. one short month until he gets home.]

On Thursday, Carly said her first prayer all by herself.

It went like this:

"Dear Heavenly Father,
Thankful for this day.
Thankful that we got dinosaurs
In the name of Jesus Christ . . . . 
AMEN!"

I have to say, hearing your child speak to her Heavenly Father on her own, saying what she wants to say . . . that is a whole new level of love and joy as a parent. The next day, I was going to say it, and she wanted to "help" me (tell me what to say, like we used to tell her what to say). She proceeded to look around the room, thanking Heavenly Father for everything she saw: towel, her babies, mommy and daddy, the pillows, the tv, the door. At first I was tempted to get frustrated, because she wasn't trying to be reverent. But then it occurred to me that she is right. All we have to do is look around the room to see everything we've been blessed with. 

Even the door.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Hey erin! It's Rachel (Farnsworth) McKee...I have been reading your blog for the past few weeks and it is definitely one of my favorites! I love hearing about your darling babies! you are such a good mom! I hope everything continues to get smoother and more relaxed for you as time goes on with 3 youngin's :)

Dani said...

Hi Erin!
I'm glad you said 'hi!'
I had NO IDEA you had twins!! I can't even imagine two babies with a toddler...you go girl!
You have darling little babies and your little Carly is a doll!
I'm adding you to my list! ...Hang in there!!