Saturday, April 14, 2012

snippets and pics.

Things are genuinely insane.
So here are a bunch of [unedited] pictures.
And snippets of life in the C house to go with them.

John is a heartbreaker. I want to eat him all the time.


Carly seems to have a special place in her heart for Quinn. Maybe it is the natural sister thing. Maybe it is because Q doesn't scream bloody murder when she is hungry like John does.

 See what I mean? Edible.

Sisters watching Dora.

I might actually have a pacifier baby! Carly refused them, and Q is the same way so far.

Carly does, however, like reading stories to John.

Cozy Q after her bath. I've recently started bathing them both by myself (one after the other, very quickly) while Chris bathes Carly. It is a party, to be sure.

The boy is a tank. He looks smaller than Quinn, but she is a waif, and he is a little tank and is noticeably heavier and more dense. I call him the next Clay Matthews.

"He's breathing my air!"

Tackling all three (straight out of the shower . . . don't judge).

Pink and blue lines have been erased. While I make sure and dress them in the right clothes (except when I ran out of boy jammies and John spent a night pretty in pink), you'll often find Quinn wrapped up in blue and John wearing a bib that says "Cute Little Girl". What can you do?

John has started sleeping in longer stretches (like 4 and 5 hours). He just won't start until 1 or 2 am. He and I watched all of Sabrina last night. Love that movie.

Quinn has her first long stretch last night. 4 hours. Trying not to get my hopes up that we might be approaching some sort of normal-functioning sleep amount. 

John is such a baby. I think my girls are born wise beyond their years, so when I got an actual baby with him . . . he can drive me crazy real quick. So he's lucky he's cute. Such a prince.

Quinn is the most peaceful little thing. She will just stare at you with these big wide eyes, and I can't quite tell if she is staring into my soul or just thinks my hair looks funny. On many days, she is my source of sanity with a uber-active big sister and a whiny twin brother. I really cherish her.

Carly's imagination is taking off. Every day she amazes me with what she says and comes up with. I've been telling her Book of Mormon stories in my own words, and the other day she was playing and she found my scriptures. She said "Mom! We need to get the scriptures from the king so we can take them to Nephi's daddy!" If I could clone myself so one me could take care of the babies and the other me could play in her world all day long, I would.

Chris is a pillar of strength. I don't know how he does what he does. But I love him and I'm so so grateful. I won the lottery with that one.

Life is mostly good. 
There are times you will find all 4 of us crying in the living room. 
But there are also times you will find all 4 of us sitting on the porch in the sunshine.

xoxo.

1 comment:

Alixa said...

Oh what an adventure! I really enjoy reading about your life. It sounds like fun. :) I have found the same with my boy and girl. Bo seems like so much more of a baby than Jenna ever did. She always seemed so mature. I have yet to think that about Bo. Maybe its a boy/girl thing. Anyway, your kids are beautiful!