Sunday, April 8, 2012

spring has sprung.

I dare say spring has sprung in the Mitten.
We sure had a mild winter, so I've been hesitant to declare victory.
But I think it is time to celebrate.

This week was also the first full week I spent alone as a mother of three.
It went well.
We went to storytime at the Library on Tuesday.
All four of us. 
We were quite the site, me carrying a carseat on each arm and trying to get Carly to walk with me.
Fortunately, we've made some friends at storytime, and it is just about as easy of an outing as you can have.
So it went rather smoothly.
And it felt nice to have some sort of success.

We celebrated what has become a holiday in the C House:
Opening Day!
Carly and I made and decorated Cubs cupcakes, and the whole family wore our Cubbie pride on our sleeves. Well, except Carly, who insisted she needed to wear her pink dress even though it was "baseball day", but agreed to wear her hat for pictures. And except me, who still doesn't quite fit in my Cubs or Twins shirts. It was a little sad when I couldn't even get my Cubs shirt past my shoulders. Did they grow during my pregnancy, too? Fabulous. We had our traditional dinner of Ballpark Franks, and settled in to watch the game, which Chris had recorded on the DVR. Unfortunately, the Cubs couldn't pull off a win. Nothing a lot of cupcakes couldn't cure. For me at least. Chris needed a few minutes in the basement to cool down.

[decorating cupcakes.]

[we won't talk about how many of these I ate . . . ]

[cutest. ever.]

[love this girl.]

[raised in the righteous traditions of their father.]

[go Cubs go.]

We also spent a lot of time outside in the sunshine this week.
We would leave the babies inside to sleep, open the windows to hear them, and head out to our front "yard". We dug in the dirt for worms, colored with chalk, hid from the bush who tries to get us, and kicked the big green ball around. We also ran races, since I'm technically cleared to work out. Someone tell my hips that.

We have a new tradition of watering our new flowers together.
Carly takes it very seriously.

[pouring the water in the exact right spot.]

This Easter weekend has been a nice one. Chris's parents and two of his sisters came up to visit.

On Saturday we staged an Easter Egg hunt in our front yard.
We've been keeping things simple like that.
Carly liked hunting the eggs much more that enjoying what was inside, so we ended up hiding them repeatedly so she could hunt for them over and over.

[the thrill of the hunt.]

[what's inside?]

And this morning the Easter Bunny left a trail of dyed eggs that led to Carly's basket. He left her some new sandals for the summer. The Easter Bunny likes getting things he'd have to buy later anyway.

Then we got all dressed up to head to Church.
I sure have beautiful kids.

[sisters in matching dresses.]

[love my girls. carly is a fabulous goof.]

[our first easter.]

[the C house. Easter 2012.]

After church, Carly and I spent a few minutes outside in the sunshine while Chris's family fixed Easter dinner (that worked out nicely for me!). I watched Carly push her little tractor around on the sidewalk, and I thought about the real meaning of Easter. And this Easter, my heart is full. I am so grateful for my Savior. Because without Him, I wouldn't have these three little miracles forever. I wouldn't have this crazy chaotic life. And I just can't imagine being truly happy any other way.

Happy Spring.
xoxo.

6 comments:

JoSue said...

You don't look tired AT ALL!! I think you need a third newborn in there to stir the pot a bit. ;) Props to you for going to church. We didn't grace the church doors with the kids for about two months...then another two months after that. Seriously though, you look GREAT and you babes are beautiful. Although I know you probably feel like your life is super chaotic, you really seem like you've got a hold on things and are moving forward. One day at a time right? Take care!

Cami and Juan said...

Erin you are looking so good! I'm glad you're having successful outings and survived the week solo. You are super impressive!

Taryn said...

Hasn't this winter/spring been so amazing out here? I have not missed the ice and snow :) Your family is just beautiful and you look soooo great! Go cubbies!!!

Melissa said...

You have the cutest family! All three kids are gorgeous and might I add that you look fantastic. Based on looks I can't imagine why your Cubs shirt won't fit. Congrats on a successful storytime trip with 3 kiddos. I think you're a great momma.

sam and kyrsten said...

ok. you officially have the cutest family! seriously! and you are beautiful! i have been feeling so great. i have been one of the lucky ones i guess! but i am so sorry those have taken SOOOO LONG. THey are being sent tomorrow. they are cut and everything! School and spring break just took ahold of me! Hope you are well!

Lindsey Chadwick said...

your family is stinkin adodrable!! I can't believe you have 3 kids!! :)