Wednesday, April 2, 2008

A Surprisingly Good Day

This week is by far the craziest week of the entire semester, a meaningful distinction given some of the weeks we have already experienced. Two nights ago we managed to make it to bed as early at 2 am, then got up at 7 for class. Last night I made it to bed by 4 am and got 4 good hours of sleep; Chris . . . well, Chris took a 15 minute nap. Yep, he pulled an all-nighter then had to be at work at the MTC by 7:45. Poor guy. So needless to say I expected today to be pretty horrible (I'm speaking for myself here, I actually haven't seen Chris since 4 am this morning). However, I have been pleasantly surprised that there have been a few things that have made today a surprisingly good day (so far).


1. Time slowed down for once. I skipped class this morning (oops) to work on my big research paper and I was actually very productive and am now almost done. Time went by slowly, which was a real blessing considering time usually speeds up when you are in a crunch.


2. Warmer weather. The last few days have been a return to January here in Provo. On Wednesdays I have to ride my bike to campus (due to Chris going to work at 7:45--I can't be ready to leave by then!) and I've been dreading this Wednesday in fear of snow. So I bundled up and walked outside at 11:45 and it was warm(ish). I had to put my gloves away and take off my coat. It was actually a beautiful ride.


3. Happy Boss. My boss is a lot like me: when he is stressed he gets very quiet. So when we are both stressed, the office is dead silent. Today, however, he was in a great mood--this isn't a rare occurance, but it was nice that it happened today. He laughed and joked and chatted. It was a nice day at work, which is always a plus.


4. Paper surprise. This is a long story, but to cut to the chase I've been under the impression that I had to write 5 papers (short, but still take 2 hours each) by next week. This has been stressful to worry about on top of all the big projects going on now. However, today I looked at my grades online and found I had already written 3 more than I thought I had (we have to write 10 throughout the semester; I thought I had only written 5, turns out I have written 8). So I only have 2 more to worry about!


5. I'm having a good hair and face day. I don't do my hair very often due to early classes, but since I stayed home this morning (oops again) I let it air dry and actually straightened it (that is doing it, in my book). And it actually turned out looking nice. As for the good face day: you might think I'm crazy but I actually think I have good and bad face days. Some days my face just looks bad; not just smeared eyeliner and baggy eyes, but my face itself looks different and worse. Its hard to explain. Anyway, today's face looked good to me, shocking after my 4-hour night's rest. (PS if anyone actually saw me today and would like to disagree, please keep it to yourself, ha ha).


The Lord does bless you in the littlest ways when you need it the most.

Proof: Bad Face Day

Good Face Day

1 comment:

Nat said...

Hi Erin, this is Natasha Rutkowski. I found your blog through Jessica Bean's! (Don't you love networking?) Just wanted to tell you that I completely understand about good/bad face days, as I have them myself.