Friday, May 23, 2008

50 Fun Facts

I saw this on a friend's blog and thought it was cute. Hers was "100 fun facts", but there is no way I could ever come up with that many! This took me long enough:

1. When I was little I used to cry during the Barney song "I love my sister" because I didn't have a sister.
2. The first time I met Chris I thought he was a little on the dumb side.
3. I've realized in the last year while working with professors that I could never get an advanced degree in Sociology--something else, yeah, but not sociology.
4. Before I got married my initials were ET and people would always say "hey, did you realize your initials are ET, like the alien?"
5. I love tennis and played in high school, but I always wish that I could have been better at it then I was.
6. The first thing that attracted me to Chris was how tan he was (he worked at a water park that summer).
7. The second thing that attracted me to Chris was the amazing nachos he made me.
8. The third thing that attracted me to Chris was how good he was.
9. When I was little, I was a huge fan of the British royal family. I read books and magazines about them and everything. I think it was because I had a crush on Prince William. I had a poster of him on my wall.
10. I still Google them once in a while to see 'what they're up to'. That's humiliating.
11. I also had a crush on Elvis when I was little. I had strange taste.
12. I got married when I was 19.
13. I have Celiac Disease. I really miss brownies, cookies, and the Olive Garden.
14. I am terrified of moving to Tennessee.
15. I can't wait to move to Tennessee.
16. When I am stressed or mad or sad or tired, I get really quiet. It makes it hard for Chris to guess which one I'm feeling.
17. In high school I had two serious boyfriends: one for over a year, the other for over a year and a half. I never want my kids to steady date.
18. The last few weeks I have had incredibly real dreams: one was that Chris and I had a baby boy and he had brownish red hair and we named him one of our favorite names. It was so real, I woke up wondering where the baby sleeps since we don't have a crib!
19. When I was in grade school I refused to where girl clothes. There are many first day of school pictures where I'm dressed exactly like my brothers.
20. I rolled my car off the freeway going 86 miles per hour on my way to college in Provo. I fell asleep.
21. My brother was in the car with me. He'd never really worn his seat belt before, but that day he said he just "felt like I should."
22. My parents were in a car a ways behind us and saw the dust fly up. My dad joked "I sure hope that's not our kids."
23. This summer, 3 years later, I'm just learning how to drive on the freeway again.
24. I've never left the United States. More than anything I want to go to Europe.
25. I want to settle in Canada. Its a long story.
26. When I was little, by dad would take me on 'daddy-daughter dates' on Sundays and we would walk around the Mesa, AZ Temple and play with the Snap-dragon flowers. Those are some of my favorite memories.
27. My grandparents' house in Richland, WA is one of my favorite places in the world. I don't get to go up there enough.
28. I never put the toilet paper roll on the holder. I just set it on the back of the toilet. It drives Chris crazy.
29. I love the Olympics. But I'm opposed to them being held in China. No better way to applaud a polluting, human rights oppressing government than to give them the Summer Olympics.
30. One of my best friends growing up was my cousin, Brit. He gets home from his mission in less than a month!
31. I fall asleep at incredible speeds. And I could sleep in until noon everyday if I was allowed to.
32. I love international soccer (or should I say football?). Chris and I watched tons of the World Cup on our honeymoon--and we were at the beach!
33. I was over 5 feet tall by 5th grade and full grown (5' 6") by 7th grade. The boys didn't catch up until my Sophomore year in high school.
34. Now I hate feeling tall. I wore flats to my wedding to make me feel shorter, and luckily 3 of my bridesmaids, Chris's sisters, are all in the 5'9" range.
35. I'm shy around people I don't know well, but pretty outgoing around people I'm comfortable with.
36. Maybe I'm vain, but I love when people complement me on my hair color. Its all natural, baby!
37. I have to pee twice as frequently as the average person. I'm nervous about what will happen to me when I'm pregnant!
38. I can't wait to be a mom.
39. I love bunnies. I want a bunny farm when I grow up. I'm going to interview families to make sure they are good people and won't turn their bunny into stew.
40. I didn't like dogs my whole life until I met Chris; his dog, Sammie, is awesome.
41. I've never liked a boy who didn't then like me back.
42. The first time I said "I love you" to Chris, I said it in German. Not sure why. I think I was too afraid to say it in English.
43. The one time I got stitches was when my brother chased me around the house and my head slammed into the corner of the wall.
44. I have always trusted my big brothers. One time I asked how many cans of water you need to make juice. My brother told me 12. I got to 6 and the jug started overflowing.
45. One time that same brother told me the button on the stoplight that you push to cross the street worked by "sending out signals that only cars can hear". I believed that until I was 17.
46. One thing I'm proud of myself for is my grades. In 3 1/2 years at BYU, I've gotten 5 B's. The rest have been A's or A-.
47. I love history. I was a history major for a while, but decided I like it more as a hobby!
48. I love "stylish" things. I wish I had more money so I could be more "stylish".
49. I'm secretly competitive. I'm not very outwardly competitive, because I don't want to be mean, but when I'm loosing I get very upset inside and think mean things about people (unless its Chris, friends, or family). This is especially true in intramural soccer.
50. I can't live without Chris. I can't even sleep when he's not next to me. He's my whole life, and I love him more and more every day. I'm glad he sticks around.

4 comments:

beckster said...

Dear Erin-
I love your 50 facts. I feel like I know you so much better now. England is spectacular, and I love it. I am, however, anxious to get back to the States, strangely enough. This place is too hustle and bustle, too loud and busy. Maybe if I were in the country somewhere, it would be better. I am in the "posh part" of London, so I shouldn't complain. I dunno which royal almost ran me over a few weeks ago, but I felt so honored! Royalty is SO cool! The hubbub about Peter wasn't too bad, actually, and I will definately work on getting that shirt for you. Anything from Ireland for you?
Love,
Becky

Unknown said...

This was great! I think 100 is too long, but 50 was just the right amount. It took me forever to do my 100. Oh well. Time well wasted.

JoSue said...

Very fun! I am interested about this car accident though! That sounds crazy. Did you guys go to the hospital? What brother was it?

Erin_C said...

No, we didn't go to the hospital, thankfully. Just a couple of bandaids (enough to send my parents a bill). My neck hurt for a while and when I got in the shower that night there was glass all over (coming out of my hair). It was my little bro Brady. Jason was still on the mission. It was crazy. Something I don't plan on experiencing ever again.