Monday, May 12, 2008

This Week in Pictures

The past week we have had a lot of fun!
Last Friday we had a campfire with a bunch of friends

Chris and I by the inferno

Allie and Caroline
Allie & Matt~~Caroline and B-rad
(We miss you Matt and Allie!)

So rugged!
The next day, Saturday, we played soccer in the morning, had lunch,
and played a rousing game of kube~~all of which I failed to get pictures of.
But it was a great send-off for our friends, Matt and Allie,
before they moved to California!
Then, on Sunday we celebrated Chris's birthday!
He opened his gifts

I made the pistachio cake. Sadly, I only had one round pan

and one square pan, so the cake was a little "contemporary".

But Chris said it was delicious!

Oh, the cake was also ugly.

But its not my fault! The frosting was a mixture of pudding

and whip cream~it would not stay put!
Here is Chris blowing out his candles.

On Monday night, Chris went camping with my brother

and some buddies. (Oh, the life of a college graduate.)

So, I had Cinco de Mayo enchiladas for one:

And watched a chick-flick (and wrote a paper).

The remainder of the week was filled with work, school (two papers and a test),

and a co-ed intramural soccer game (which we won!).

Then, this past Friday, we headed to Idaho for Mothers' Day.

Waiting to get into Texas Roadhouse for Lunch.

Unfortunately, it was the same weekend as Idaho State's

graduation, so it was an hour + wait.

My mom got sunburned just waiting to get in!

Enjoying the sunshine on my parents' porch.

Love that house.

I forgot to take a picture, but my parents recently got a

huge flatscreen and huge amazing couch in our basement.

Chris and I are currently considering moving in with them.

Finally, a tribute to my beautiful mother on Mother's Day.

I was lucky enough to be born to the greatest mother on earth.

She's managed to teach me everything I need to know,

guide me, protect me, save me, show me love,

be everything I hope to be;

all while also being my best friend.

If my kids love me a fraction of how much I love my mom,

I'll be a happy woman.

Happy Mothers' Day, mom.

Sorry I didn't get you a CARD!

2 comments:

Lauren Davison said...

Woah, woah... HOLD UP!!! I thought that I was born to the greatest mother in the whole earth. That's it. We'll have to settle this one once and for all! :) Looks like y'all have been having a great time!!

Lanenga Family said...

Wow! Those are great pics. I just really wanted to eat caroline's graham cracker and she wouldn't share! We posted some of our pictures from the fire and Costa Rica. You guys will have to check it out! By the way, how's school going, Erin?