Saturday, May 31, 2008

Jornling Dayes

So I have to give a lesson on journal writing in a couple weeks at an Enrichment activity. I'm nervous of course. My mom, however, has given many lessons on this in her years in Young Womens and suggested I read a few sections from my own journals. So the last time my brother was home in Idaho, I had him bring back my really old journals, like from when I was 6 yrs old through 12 years old. I was reading through them yesterday and laughing so hard I was crying. Some excerpts (I'll translate if I think its necessary!):


May 4, 19903 [My first entry--I was 6--its really 1993]

I bot a diary. A Aladdin diar. I hav bin woten a diary. I strdid to rit in it. I like my diary-it is fun. I wot los. I hav mad a diary plas. I.M. fin. My frens brtha is cumen. I hav a nis room. Good by for naw.


{Tranlation: I bought a diary. An Aladdin diary. I have been wanting a diary. I started to writed in it. I like my diary-it is fun. I won't lose [it]. I have made a diary place. I'm fine. My friend's brother is coming. I have a nice room. Good by for now. (that is my sign off for a while)}



May 11, 9193

I had a basball gaem. I slid and fel. I wuss bleten [it said "bleden" but I decided to cross the 'd' out and go with a 't'] verea baad. I love the Suns. Good by for naw.


May 14, 9193

My mom and my bruthrs is sick. I did laf. It was fune. My famule is gros vere much. Good by for naw.


May 20, 9193

I had a fite with Danielle bekus she is haven a frend cum ovr that ime not ulawd to plae with. Good by for naw.


May 21, 9193

It wus time for mis yoonuvrs. i cried becus i kood not git in. i and my frens teld stres. it wus fun. Good by for naw.


{Translation: I was time for Miss Universe. I cried because I could not get in. My friends and I told stories. It was fun.} I have no idea what I'm talking about here. Miss Universe?


May 23, 9193

I wit too chreach. Befor chreach I wit too the tepr wiht my dad. My frens gave me a tede bera. Good by for naw.


{Translation: I went to church. Before churh I went to the temple with my dad. My friends gave me a Teddy Bear. Good bye for now.}


June 3, 93

My frens wru goen to slepa ovr but ther wus a growsa bug so thaye wit homae. Good by for naw.


{Translation: My friends were going to sleep over, but there was a gross bug so they went home.}


June 14, 93

I got a noow Suns t-shrt. i was wred that i wus not gunu git wun bcus evreabudea in my famule had wun.


{Translation: I got a new Suns t-shirt. I was worried that I was not going to get one because everybody in my family had one.}


June 16, 93

My ira strdid to hrt a lot. it mit be a ira cufeshin. I hoep it is not a ira cfeshin. Good by for naw.


{My ear started to hurt a lot. It might be an ear infection. I hope it is not an ear infection.}


July 3, 1993 (I finally figured out how to write the year!)

Pridy soon I'm goena on a trip. I forgot werr I'm goena.


May 17, 94 (a year later--My writing got substantially better).

I have bin reading the Book of Mormon. I can not waet en tell I'm 8 then I get a own Holy Bibele and Book or Mormon. Good bye for now.


A couple cool things I realized: First, I mention a couple times that I was not allowed to play with certain kids, and many times that I was not allowed to go to a sleep over (all of which were held on Saturday night). Also, I love the last entry about reading the Book of Mormon and being excited to turn 8 (in my family, we got our first 'real' set up scriptures when we where baptized). I'm grateful I was raised in a home based on gospel values. Its very apparent through all my journals.


Well, I thought this was hilarious--sorry if it's not quite as entertaining to you!

2 comments:

Cam said...

der diar,

i wot to sae i ulso luv jrnl ritting. wee luv yoor foonie intrays. naw my fraind cumen ovr, an to murow go to chreach. good by 4 naw.

luv,

mee & miky

Lauren Davison said...

HAHAHAH. LOVE! This was so great! I especially loved the entry about your ear infection. :) You've inspired me to go back and read the few entries I have from my itsy bitsy days.