Sunday, May 25, 2008

I Love to See the Temple

Yesterday we had the opportunity to do a session at the Salt Lake Temple.
It was a really wonderful experience.
It was the first time I did a live session, and it was really special.
The temple is such a blessing in my life.

We went with a bunch of our closest friends. It was so great to go with them.

Last night I was thinking about it, and talking to our friend Matt (Chris had fallen asleep with his head on my lap shortly before;-). I've never gone to the temple with friends before, and have only gone with family once. I was trying to explain how it felt to be in the temple with people you love, but at that hour I could only describe it as "weird". This morning, however, I realized what I was trying to explain. Going to the temple with our friends yesterday, and with family at other times, is such a wonderful experience, and this morning I realized it was because that is how I believe heaven will be: your friends and family you love all around you, peace, purity, cleanliness, being taught the truth. That's why going to the temple is such a unique experience to me; its like a glimpse of heaven.

After the temple, we went to Pier 49 and got some pizza. The Pier 49 in Salt Lake makes gluten-free pizza that is so amazing. A slice of heaven!

Caroline, Brad, and Matt

Brad, Matt, and Chris

The Newlyweds: Andy and Stephanie

Me and Chris! He looks so happy!

My amazing GF pizza: I got half veggie, half BBQ chicken. Mmmmm. . . .

ON A LIGHTER note. If you are going to spend $8.50 on a movie this summer, see Ironman, not Indiana Jones. The original Indy movies are so amazing, this one isn't even close to measuring up. Oh, how I miss young Indiana. Whoever decided mixing aliens and Indiana Jones was a good idea is a crazy person. And I never wanted to see Indy so old.

2 comments:

Lauren Davison said...

Oh, Indy. We still need to go to a matinée of IronMan. Because it was just about the coolest ever. :) Deal? Deal.

Melissa said...

wow you guys are as cute as ever!