Sunday, May 18, 2008

Plethora

For some reason, I have a very distinct memory of learning what the word 'plethora' means. And for some reason, I've always enjoyed using the word; its just a fun ward. Anyway, here is a plethora of stories, happenings, and thoughts from the last few days.

So, I don't know if my hick side is emerging in preparation for living in Tennessee or something, but recently my favorite place to eat has been Chuck-a-rama. Weird, I know. It used to be Costa Vida, but last time I went I ended up throwing up all night, so it doesn't sound tempting at all anymore! So on Wednesday after class, Chris and I were hungry and lazy. We decided to go there, and invited our friend Matt to go with us. The only problem was, it was three hours before our intramural soccer game! We went anyway, assuming that was plenty of time to digest. Turns out is wasn't. We were so sick. I could barely run. My food just turned into a rock and made me miserable. I'll have to remember no buffets before soccer games!

Last night Chris and I had date night. I was hesitant, but we went to see Ironman. We never spend full price on movies in the theater, so this was a big commitment. Well, it was amazing! I really thought it would be a lame comic book movie (I really didn't like the Spiderman movies), but this was really really good. The story line was great, it was really funny, and there was really good character development. And even I, who could honestly care less about gizmos and gadgets, thought the technological aspect behind it was really cool. I definately recommend it!! There is a 5 second scene thats a little risque, but its literally only like 5 seconds long (I'll never understand the point of wasting the time to put it in there in the first place). But its really worth seeing even for $8.50. We're hoping to make a matinee again soon.
Also, I joined the dark side of the fashion world. I got some 'skinny' jeans. Not the super crazy skin tight skinny jeans, but skinnier than anything I've ever worn. When they first came out, I didn't like them at all and figured they could only be worn by stick figures. But the skinny jeans with flats look has really grown on me, so I decided to try some on. I tried on the really dark ones (dark is 'slimming', ha ha) and actually liked them! Now lets see if I ever have the guts to wear them in public. ha ha. (No, Chris, of course I'll wear them!). We have great friends. The last few weeks have been a lot of fun seeing our friends more often. Its been nice for me. For the longest time I always felt like it was "Chris's friends". My friends from high school for the most part are not married or live in Pocatello. But Chris had a really great group of roommates when we were dating and engaged who all got married at the same time we did. We've hung out off and on since then, but the last couple weeks have been fun spending time with them more frequently. This week we had a movie night, game night, went to Dennys at 1 am (big mistake), and played soccer. They are great friends and we have so much fun with them--its going to be so sad when we go to Tennessee!
Well, none of this is especially significant, just random stuff. Hope all is well!

No comments: