Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Good News in a Minute

The Relief Society in our ward (and hundreds of other wards, I'm sure) does what we call "Good News in Minute". Its exactly what it sounds like: an opportunity to share anything good that happened over the week. I really like good news in a minute; its fun the hear what exciting things are going on in others' lives. But for some reason, I've never felt comfortable sharing my own good news. I don't know if I'm self-conscious or what, I just can't bring myself to do it. But the last week (and just today!) has brought so much good news, I am now going to have my personal Good News in a Minute.

First and most importantly, CHRIS GOT AN ASSISTANTSHIP AT TENNESSEE!! This is such an amazing blessing. We've been praying for one, and has time has passed, the number available kept shrinking. We found out he was on the alternate list, that someone had turned theirs down, and that assistantship had been given to another alternate. I've been so worried about it for 3 months, but its gotten worse in just the last few weeks. Then this morning he got an email asking if he was still interested in an assistantship. Are we still interested?? Of course!! This means his tuition is completely paid for (I won't say how much out-of-state tuition is, but lets just say its A LOT!) and he gets a stipend that is about how much he would get working a part-time job. And he gets to be involved in his department, which will be good for his education, rather than having to work at Office Depot part time or something. This is the biggest blessing we could ask for right now! My prayers recently shifted from asking politely to begging respectfully, so I'm grateful for a Heavenly Father who watches over His children.

Good news part two: Chris and I have both had minor health problems that we've been worrying about. Last week I found out I'm all good, and this morning Chris's doctor's appointment was clean as a whistle; it only took like 10 minutes, too! So that's another happy answer to our never-ending prayers.

So, basically, I'm having a really good day. I'm now allowing myself to be excited to go to Tennessee. I'm surprisingly very excited about it. If feels right, and I know there are many reasons why we belong there at this stage in our lives.

Anyone else have anything to share for today's "Good News in a Minute"?

~PS. Tales of a very fun weekend are to come~

2 comments:

beckster said...

Oh, YAY!!!! That's SOOOOO awesome guys!!!! Congrats! Miss you!

JoSue said...

Why do the first years of marriage have to be so worrysome!! Grades, applications, finances, moving.....the list goes on and on!! But then when that one good thing happens then all the worry seems to be worth it. Congrats. I've always wondered what it would be liked to get paid to go to school! That's awesome.