Thursday, May 1, 2008

Update

Well, I feel like I should blog, but sadly there is nothing too exciting these days to write about. I started Spring term on Tuesday. I forgot how classes are SO LONG and you have to do so much in such a short amount of time. I'm taking 9 credits (which is the max for a term) and still working at my two jobs. Its a pretty packed schedule. I'm taking some good classes though: Crime and Justice, Sociology of the Family, and State and Local Politics (everyone thinks that one sounds boring, but I think its interesting!). Tuesdays and Thursdays I'm on campus for almost 12 hours. I miss my man on these days. Speaking of my man, he is currently looking for a job. Its hard to find a decent job when you are leaving in a couple months. But hopefully some options will open up soon. He has been calling and applying to so many places and working really hard to find one (or 2 or 3). He's also still trying to find an assistantship in Tennessee. So he is busy, even if he hates being at home all day. Tonight I came home to a clean kitchen and a warm dinner--he is so good to me. This weekend we are having a campfire in the canyon with a group of friends as we prepare to go our separate ways in the coming months, and then camping out in a backyard (maybe, its FREEZING outside, and its MAY!). We were going to go camping, but couldn't find any campgrounds nearby that were in season yet. Weird. Then Sunday is Chris's birthday! I'll do a special birthday post later. But I'm planning on making a Pistachio cake for him because he loves Pistachio desserts. However, I'm the worst cook in the world, so wish me luck!
Well, this isn't too exciting, but this is our life right now! Just keep on keepin' on, I suppose. Hope everyone is doing well.

1 comment:

Lanenga Family said...

And what fun we had with our campfire and the entertainment of Matt Manwaring. Ahh yes! :) We'll miss you guys, we'll have to keep in touch through our blogs. Keep posting stuff and we'll have to be better at keeping ours up-to-date.

-matt n allie

PS Happy Birthday Chris! Enjoy the starbursts!