Monday, October 27, 2008

A Little Help, Please

So I need a little help.

#1: I need a halloween costume. Something cheap and easy and relatively comfortable (no face paint, please) that I can wear to work on Friday and to our ward's Trunk or Treat on Wednesday. I have no idea what to do and there is no DI here to go looking through. Any suggestions?

#2: You former members of the Young Women's organizations--what did your leaders to to inspire you to get involved in personal progress? I just got called to be personal progress leader for our ward, and I'd like to get the girls excited about it because sometimes its hard to get excited about it;-). Any memories or things you really liked?

Well, that's about it. It's Monday and my weekend went by too fast. Chris and I made it to the Nashville temple on Saturday (Nashville is about 3 hours away). It's been a while, so it was so wonderful to be there. The temple was a small temple--my first time seeing a small temple up close and it was so TINY! Everything was a mini version of all the temples I have been to in the past. But the spirit was the same, of course, and I'm grateful we have one so close (yes, I said close--ha ha). For your viewing pleasure:



(There was no one around, so I took this picture using the timer and put the camera on a bench--pretty fancy, huh?)

6 comments:

Steve said...

Sarah and I were "Mr and Mrs. Smith" one year. All that took was having a white buttoned up shirt with black pants, cheap sunglasses, and a gun from the dollar store.
I would think of famous couples and try to do something like that:

bonnie and clyde
Buttercup and The man in black
Archie and veronica/betty

etc.....

Unknown said...

For the YW thing, let them do something that really plays into their lives. I was on our drill team, so a lot of my projects had to do with drill and my responsibilities there so it didn't take too much time otherwise. Does that make sense?

As for a Halloween costume, I'm still trying to figure that one out myself. Lish and I want to be mannequins, but we can't wear masks at the trunk or treat. Hmmm...

Caroline said...

Erin when I was in YW I found lots of websites with activity ideas and such. I don't remember what the websites were, but try doing a search and you will come up with something. Good Luck!

Caroline said...

Oh costumes. You can always be a butcher. Get a white apron, put some ketchup on it for blood and get some latex gloves. Probably if you make your face more pale and your eyes a little dark you will look a little more creepy. If you have a knife you can carry around that is a great prop. Then just slick your hair back or use a hair net.

Karen Thomas said...

try sugardoodle.net

i saw where gwen steffani was eggs (white shirt with yellow circle) her husband gavin was bacon, but i didn't see what that looked like. you could do a bunny and a carrot. devil and angel.things should be on good sales now.

Lauren Davison said...

Once upon a time I dressed up at Thing 2 from Dr. Seuss' Cat in the Hat. I just blow-dried my hair upside down, put some pomade in it, and I was good to go. You would probably have to do the whole "cone under the hair" thing, but still... All you need is an all-red outfit, and a circle paper sign that says "Thing 1" or "Thing 2". Oh yeah. I spray-painted my hair blue. (with blue HAIR spray, not paint...) It was a lot of fun!

That's fun that you will be working with the young women! :) I'm the miamaid/behive advisor, and I'm loving it! But as for the PP stuff---I've got nothin'. :)