Monday, October 20, 2008

School Daze

Here's to looking back . . . .
1. Did you date someone from your high school? Yeah. I had two longer-term boyfriends, Mitch and Trent, and a few shorter ones mixed in too;-).
First day of Junior year

2. What kind of car did you drive? I started with a 1989 Nissan Maxima--crashed that one in the Highland parking lot. Then I had a teal Saturn for a few years. At the end of my senior year I got a beautiful white 2000 honda civic that I adored--and crashed on my way to college.

3. Most embarrassing moment of high school? I have a lot of embarrassing stories but I they are only funny/embarrassing when told in person. They wouldn't make any sense if I tried to explain them now (for those of you who know: jabbing Brett McBride in the back and saying goodbye to Jed Sion, who I didn't actually know).

Seminary Graduation



4. Were you a party animal? No. Hung out with friends all the time, but not really "parties". One time Barbs and I did throw an amazing Halloween party.

Our amazing Halloween party-we went as cheerleaders. Notice the doll hanging in the background? It was creepy, ha ha.

5. Were you considered a flirt? I wouldn't think so, no.

6. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? None of the above.

7. Were you a nerd? Maybe. I was in AP classes and got good grades and stuff. I also took French instead of Spanish (Spanish is what the cool people took). But I don't think I was labeled a "nerd". In fact, I have no idea what I was labeled as.

8. Were you on any varsity teams? Technically basketball, soccer, and tennis. I really only got playing time on the tennis team (because I really wasn't all that good at the other two). Actually, at our Senior breakfast they give out lifetime sports passes to Highland games to people who excelled in sports. When they called out my name, everyone was shocked, myself included. Turns out, if you get a varsity letter in 3 sports, you get one too! It was hilarious, but now I have a lifetime sports pass for riding the bench!

Homecoming week, Senior year.

9. Did you get suspended/expelled? No.

10. Can you still sing the fight song? Yes. I was actually just teaching it to Chris, along with "Ram Power".

11. Who were your favorite teachers? Mrs. Peck [AP Government], even though I often wanted to wring her neck. And Mrs. Bowie [English and Student Government]. And Mr. Simmons [History and AP World History].

12. Where did you sit during lunch? We had open campus--so usually in the back of someone's car as we raced to Wendy's, Central Park, or Jack-in-the-Box.

13. What was your school's full name? Highland High School (Idaho)

14. School Mascot? Rams

15. Did you go to Homecoming and who with? Yes. Junior year with Mitch Quick and Senior year with Blake Hymas.

16. If you could go back and do it again, would you? No. It was fun while it lasted, but it served its purpose and I'm good with where I am now;-).

17. What do you remember most about graduation? Graduation was a daze because I had to introduce my friend who was Senior class president and I get a little dizzy when I have to speak in front of large groups of people.

Last day of high school


18. Where did you go on Senior Skip Day? The few days before graduation was Bear Lake with the Renee crew; after graduation was Bear Lake with the Katie crew.

19. Were you in any clubs? National Honors Society, Student Government

20. Have you gained weight since then? I haven't gained weight, but the composition of my weight has gotten a little softer--ha ha.

21. Who was your prom date? Junior year with Tyler White and Senior year with Trent Sparrow.

Junior year Prom with Tyler

22. Going to 10 year Reunion? If I'm around maybe I will.

23. Looking back, what advice would you give yourself? Don't stress out so much--high school is a breeze compared to college, enjoy it while it lasts!

I tag anyone who is in the mood to reminisce.

No comments: