Monday, June 21, 2010

my prince.

meet william.
its his birthday today.
~
The first time I laid eyes on William was shortly after his mother, Princess Diana, died in a tragic car crash.
I knew I loved him the first time I saw him.
He was 15.
I was not quite 11.
~
After Diana's death, my mother kept a few of those "special tribute" magazines they put out about her. She kept them in one of her drawers. I used to sneak into her bedroom and pull the magazines out to look at pictures of my prince. I don't know why I did it in secret. The only explanation I can find is that I was 11.
~
My crush on him lasted a solid . . . 8 years.
He graced the walls of my bedroom and insides of my lockers.
I read several books on him and his family, making me proficient in all things Royal.
[Even now Chris will ask me questions concerning royalty and I will know the answer.]
My dear William just held a special place in my heart.
~
~
Just over 8 years after I first met William, I met another prince.
The first time I laid eyes on Chris was during Ward Prayer in our BYU Ward, shortly after I arrived for my freshman year.
I knew I loved him the first time I saw him.
He was 22.
I was not quite 19.
~
We used to text each other late at night.
We used to snuggle in the back of his car after curfew.
We used to meet between classes for a few seconds.
We used to say goodnight and go our separate ways.
~
This prince makes me laugh.
This prince holds me tight.
This prince promised me a lifetime of love and happiness.
This prince took me to the Temple.
I get to be with this prince forever.
And this prince gave me the most beautiful little princess.
~
We will celebrate 4 years of wedded bliss on Thursday.
~
Happiest,
hardest,
craziest,
most wonderful
4 years.
Ever.
~
Here's to infinity more.

2 comments:

The Fishers said...

Congratulations!!!!

Lauren Davison said...

Oh, I love this! Congratulations to the both of you! :)