Wednesday, January 27, 2010

a bit of an explanation.

Thank you all for your kind comments on my last post. I talked with my mom yesterday and she said she was a little surprised at first that I would write about that sort of stuff on my blog, but how it was good because so many young mothers struggle from time to time and she remembers having similar feelings with my oldest brother. My goal is to never complain about having Carly, as she is the greatest blessing. I just intend to share and express, because sometimes it feels like I'm alone when really there is a whole sisterhood of mothers out there who are figuring out this crazyness together.
~
As for our wonderful baby, Sunday night she started this deep icky guttural cough. It progressively got worse so yesterday morning I called her doctor and they had her come in. Miss Carly has RSV. Turns out its really no fun having a sick baby. However, it explains the negative developments as of late:
*screaming when we put her down on her back and taking over an hour to put to bed: she couldn't breathe flat on her back. Last night she slept through the night propped up in her swing.
*refusing to eat worse than usual: she can't breath well through her nose.
~
Hopefully she'll be feeling better in the next few days, though the doctor said it could linger for a week.
Mama and the sickling.
One of our favorite activities is to look in the mirror.
I firmly believe all hats should come with ears.

Daddy and the sickling in her "ball gown" at the doctors office.
She looks happy, at least.
~
I wish she could blow her nose! I've been trying to teach her but it hasn't sunk in. And she absolutely hates the booger-sucker. She starts screaming as soon as I pick it up.
~
Wish us luck.

1 comment:

Laura and family said...

I once heard someone say you're not doing the Lord any good by pretending to have a perfect life, perfect marriage, perfect child, etc. When we do that, we deny him the opportunity to let his graces shine through our imperfections and to help others who are in need of comforting and reassurance (that they are in the same boat, etc.) I think it's awesome you were able to share, without airing "dirty laundry" so to speak- and then to turn it back to where your strength comes from. That's what it's all about.

Hope to see you soon! Pick a day and we'll come.