Saturday, January 16, 2010

Mumbler.

Is she not the most beautiful thing you've ever seen? Ok, maybe I'm partial, but she really is. I can't get over her. And I can't get over how quickly she is growing. I put socks on her the other night that used to go past her knees. Now they are like ankle socks. What? I almost cried. She is so fun right now, talking and rolling and smiling and screeching. I watch her and sometimes I just freeze and stare in awe. Where did she come from? She is a miracle. We gave her rice cereal for the first time too. She gagged quite a bit and seemed to prefer sucking on her bumbo over eating the cereal. Is that normal?
~
Did you know that for how much we're paying in rent we could have a $150,000 house in East Lansing, Michigan? I'm just saying. I'm getting pretty ready for our next stage in life. Too bad this stage still has 7 months to go. I'm getting done with Knoxville, done with apartments, done with UT (and I don't even go there). I like to look at houses in Lansing. Are we moving to Lansing? We don't know. I was pretty sure we were and then when we were out West Chris had a fabulous interview at the U of U and now things are a little more up in the air again. The lady told him he was accepted, which is good we'll have a place no matter what. Still waiting on Michigan State, but I'll be shocked if they flew Chris up there and wined and dined him and then don't let him in. So it looks like a choice between two really good options. I hate that kind of choice. But the houses are cheaper in Michigan.
~
I watch too much HGTV, which probably contributes to my house-hunger. I'm decorating my bathroom right now. Its been pretty bland. I'll post pictures when its done. Nothing spectacular, no paint since we're renting, but its fun. I got new bedding for Christmas too. Oh, how I'd like to paint some walls . . .
~
Have you seen the movie Up? Probably, we're slow on seeing movies. We watched it this week. *spoiler alert* I totally called Ellie would die in the first 5 minutes. As my mother says, the wife/mother always dies. But the movie was quite unexpected. A lot of adult themes. At the end when he is looking through her adventure book and looks at "Things I'm Going to Do" and finds all the pictures of their life together . . . that's when I bawled. Does that not send such a great message? Life doesn't have to be extreme to be a grand adventure. I love how Russell is talking about his time with his dad and says something like "Its the little things that I remember the best." Isn't that true? It made me really want to cherish every second, because life moves too fast. Carly is teaching me that lesson every day.
~
I have a really wonderful husband. I love him very much. Just thought I'd throw that in there. He doesn't get much credit.
~
That's it. Tomorrow is the Sabbath, and Carly is going to wear her Zebra print shoes. Its going to be a good day. xoxo.

2 comments:

The Fishers said...

I bawled during that part in Up too!!! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one :). And I'm with you on HGTV. It's on all the time and I just dream of all the stuff I could do some day.

Lauren Davison said...

Yeah. I saw UP while I was pregnant. Hah. Did I cry? Ummm... yes. :)