Saturday, January 9, 2010

We're home.

825 square feet of chaos has never looked so good.
I have a vicious cold.
I wasn't so sure we'd ever make it back.
Oh, how happy I was when Knoxville showed up in my windows.
~
We have no food.
We have mountains of stuff to put away.
But we're home.
~
We have a sick mama,
a grouchapotomus wiggle worm baby,
and an exhausted yet handsome daddy.
But we're home.
~
Our trip was grand. Maybe a little too grand.
I have an inkling we won't ever be doing 22 days again.
10 sounds good.
~
Carly's in her crib tonight.
And we're in our bed.
I love love love being home.

3 comments:

Karen Thomas said...

There's no place like home. (it took a lot for me to quote from the wizard of oz. you know how i feel about those flying monkeys)

Michael said...

Sorry you got sick--probably from me. =( That's my belated Christmas gift. Why must colds be contagious?

Laura said...

Glad you guys are back. I missed seeing you! Hope you get better soon!