Thursday, January 28, 2010

hair apparent.

I need a little fixing up in my life. I need some thinning and trimming. I need some organization and control, and I need to make sense of the situation.

Yes, folks, I desperately need a haircut.

It has been since October since I got my hair cut. October. I have a wonderful hair-magician in Idaho by the name of Elizabeth. She has been cutting my hair for many moons and I have never gotten a haircut from her that disappoints. I was tres excited to get an Elizabethan cut this Christmas . . . however, I had to sacrifice my appointment so we could get down to Utah in time to attend the temple. Oh, the sacrifices we make.

Here we are a month later and the situation is getting dire. My hair is drab. Its large and in charge. I never realized how much hair I have. Now here a sit an hour after my shower and it continues to drip, sopping wet. Elizabeth always thins it out (that magician). I've been doing straight and shapeless for a while now. I think its time to mix things up.
(Like my hot-pink v-neck T? Can you say Target for $8? Love.)
~
Ladies and gentlemen, the choices:

I think I want bangs. I think it would add a dimension where if the rest of my hair wasn't participating that day, but my bangs were done, then I'd be good to go. Then, its taking the risk that the bangs would be a wreck all the time. Hmmm. I like A (Miss Rory) but wondering if I can pull off the straight down bang look. Not sure. Those of you who know Carlie B. (class of Highland High '05) and are friends with her on facebook, look at her bangs. I think they are cute. That look I like. Chris called it a "blond cheerleader" look and wasn't so sure I could pull it off either (in a loving supportive 'y0u're beautiful no matter what' sort of way). B is more sweeping, and C is all the way sweeping. I love B, but I'm no Zeta-Jones, and I love Reese in C. Maybe I'll go that short? That would be nice. But poor little Car wouldn't have any jungle vines to swing on anymore. I like them all. Can't quite decide. Would love your input. Saturday is the big day.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

B is my favorite!

Amy Jane said...

C. I think you could definitely pull off a cute short hairdo! (well you could prob pull off any of the three, but I like Reese's do the best ;)

Laura and family said...

I like C but am pretty sure you could pull off any of them! :)

Bradley and Nicole said...

Erin you are toooo funny!!! I cut hair and for reals you could pull off any of them. I do agree with you that straight across bangs are cute on a slim number of people!!! You would be one that could do it buuut for starters I would go with B or C. C is so fun and sassy and cute!!! B is more like your sexy vibe so I guess its whatever the hubby likes (wink wink)!!!

Lauren Davison said...

GO SHORT! C! C! C! Short hair is always so flattering! Plus that is a great shape anyways--you'll look gorgeous! Plus it looks like it might be pretty low-maintenance. Plus the bangs are long enough that they can grow out without getting obnoxious! I can't wait to see the new cut!!

Stacey said...

I vote C. I went short like that in the summer and loved it. Can't wait to do it again!

Cami and Juan said...

C. Unless your hair tends to get stringy with a lot of touch (like mine), then go with A.