Thursday, January 14, 2010

There are places I remember.

There are few places in this world that I love more than my parents house in the great state of Idaho. Its a place of many large flatscreens, comfy couches, and endless M&Ms. Its a place of Mings and movies, lounging and laughing, snowfall and Sashas, HD football and family. Its a place where you can look out the window at the snow falling and say, half to yourself, "I could really use some creamy, cheesy, potato soup" and in no time at all, there in front of you is delicious creamy cheesy potato soup (true story). Its a place I called home for so long, it will always be home. So without further ado, a few Idaho tidbits:
~
Carly did fab on her first flights, nursing on take-off and landing, smiling and staring at everyone as they boarded, and being generally pleasant. Mostly she enjoyed looking at all the lights on the plane and sleeping in daddy's arms. She took to flying much better than I did.
She wasted no time in getting her first "purple couch nap".
She also got to meet Brenna (but not Uncle Jason or Aunt Kasee. Sad.)
She got a snow suit that made her the spitting image of an ewok.
My brother Michael and sister-in-law Camie journey up from Utah to see us. We're so glad they did, as we rather enjoy their company. We also got to see their cat, Sasha, again. I've got to say, he is a very pleasant and enjoyable cat to be around.
Carly meets Sasha.Carly slept in the crib that me and all three of my brothers slept in, and used the same crib bedding (seen here). My dad said it was quite the process getting it back together. Not going to lie, I had a few visions of it collapsing as Carly slept. Turned out it was nice and sturdy and performed admirably.

I was so excited to introduce Carly to my grandparents.
She liked them quite a bit, as she usually doesn't take to new people quite this well.

Four generations of the T family.
If you have a Costco nearby and would like a life-changing experience, and would also like to gain 10 pounds, pick up a bucket of these. Macadamian miracles is that I call them.
Carly definately has a soft spot for her uncles:

(Uncle Brit is my cousin, but close enough).
But grandmas (and grandpas) are good too.
We stopped by and visited one of my best friends from high school, Renee.
Renee had her little Maggie 4 weeks after I had Carly.
Carly and Maggie.

The night before our flight we went down to Utah and stayed at Michael and Camie's new beautiful house. My dad, Chris, and I had the opportunity to go to the Jordan River temple. It had been since April since Chris and I had made it to the temple, and it was a truly wonderful experience. Remember how I said there are few places I love more than my parents house? The temple is one of them.

All the partying took its toll on Carly, and after a fabulous 8 days, we headed home.

Thank you, mom and dad, for everything. Thank you Brady for letting us invade your basement. Thank you, Michael and Camie, for partying with us and letting us stay at your house and watching our screaming baby so we could attend the temple. And thank you, weather, for not messing up any of our flights. The end.

2 comments:

Jason Thomas said...

thanks for making me home sick...

Michael said...

It was so fun to have you in the neighborhood for a bit! Carly made a great first impression. =)