Saturday, January 30, 2010

And the winner is . . .

C!

That's the one I was planning on for a while, so it was nice you all agreed! I'm still adjusting to the world of short-haired people, but I have a feeling I'm going to fit in nicely. Pretty sure I lost 5 lbs of hair. Feeling good.

In other news . . .

This poor child continues to be a sickling. We went to the doctor for a check-up on Friday and she developed a little ear infection, so now she's on the wonderful pink antibiotic juice. And we still have to suck a massive amount of yuckiness out of her nose multiple times a day. Ever wrestled a 5-month-old? Its not as fun as it sounds, and that is whats requires to use the booger-sucker on that girl. The worst part is that she is still such a happy baby. She will sneeze and cough and hack and then look up at me with those big red eyes with tears in them and give me this big smile. Heartbreaking. Perks to having a sick baby? Long naps and her return to sleeping through the night. Hurray.

And finally . . .

Our home-sweet-home of Knoxville has been overtaken in winter-storm panic. Thursday we stopped by the grocery and people were stocking up on bottled water just in case they were stuck in their homes for days. No really, like there was pandemonium. Its bazaar because they really don't get much snow here. A few inches here and there and the forecast was calling for 2-5 and everyone panicked. Thursday night all the schools were canceled for the next day. And the snow didn't start falling until Friday around 6 pm. The problem with Knoxville is it gets 5 inches of snow, but they don't know how to take care of the roads so they stay covered in water and slush and that all freezes over and now most of East Tennessee is apparently a sheet of black ice. Anyway, church for tomorrow is canceled. Chris and I went on a "date" tonight since his parents were in town to watch the sickling, but everything was closed due to "inclement weather" so we ended up going to Walmart. Yes, I said we went to Walmart on our date. Anything for a little alone time. But I actually got a really cute pair of pants there for really cheap. Yes, I just said I bought pants at Walmart. Anything for a girl on a budget.

Thats all.

7 comments:

Stacey said...

LOVE IT!!!

sam and kyrsten said...

im not gonna lie some of my best finds come from walmart. im not ashamed :)

The Fishers said...

love the hair cut!!! i hope carly starts feeling better soon!

Lauren Davison said...

Love the hair. And the date. :) Once upon a time Kirby and I had a gift card to Red Robin so we went to the one at the Provo towne center, and it was too busy to get back in time, so we went to the food court. haha. But it was still wonderful! :)

Laura said...

OH I LOVE YOUR HAIR! It looks amazing!

Sharen said...

I have to admit I am a blog stalker. We went to the same high school but I graduated a year before you. I dont remember how I stumbled on your blog but Im SOO glad I did. I just read your motherhood 202 post. Loved it. Our babies are very close in age so its fun to see the similarities and differences. I have felt many of the same emotions as you with this new title of being a mother. Thanks. -sorry this got so long, feel free to check out my blog.

Taryn said...

Your hair is so cute! And those pictures of Carly were cracking me up big time. We tried a photo shoot with week old Stella last night. Hahaha. Most of our outakes are of a SCREAMING baby. Poor things to have mean moms like us :)