Friday, June 25, 2010

engineering marvels.

So a few days ago, Carly woke up from a nap and I delayed getting her for a bit while I finished something. A few minutes later I went in to find her with little white paint chips around her mouth. I examined the crib to find a rather impressive chunk missing. Our little Carlysaurus was apparently eating her way out. We went to BabiesRUs to find a solutions, but the gummi-crap we came home with was lame. So we got our $17 back and I used my ingenuity to figure out a better solution: 
Towels + athletic tape + brilliant mommy = a crib that will hopefully survive to see a second child.
[Pretty classy, I know.]
~
My next engineering marvel had to do with a baby walker toy with lots of pieces and screws, a set of lost directions, and a really annoyed mommy. I searched high and low for those directions. Couldn't find them. So I sat down and layed all the pieces out and used my powers of deduction to piece it together. Not gonna lie, I was pretty excited. Carly still needs to work on her steering. It will be slightly frightening when this girl gets behind the wheel of a car.
~
In other news, Chris and I enjoyed our 4th anniversary on Thursday night by having a baby-less dinner at PF Changs. The Young Women's Presidency I'm a member of held a meeting that night, and instead of requiring me to go, the president offered to watch Carly during it while we went to dinner. Not too shabby. It was a nice dinner, and we even managed to talk about a few things other than Carly.
Earlier in the day we went to our favorite used bookstore and spent too long there. Chris found a new read, but since I still have a stack to conquer, I headed to the baby board books section. I found 6 fabulous finds, each priced between a quarter and 75 cents. After a wipe down with Clorox wipes and a damp cloth, they are good as new (I'm always afraid used items will have the swine flu on them or something). Anyway, it was nice because I read 12-15 books a day to Carly (4-5 before each time she goes to sleep) so it can get a bit repetitive. I have more books memorized than I ever thought I would. I will recite some favs to you next time I see you, if you want.
[L-R: David the Lion, Carly, and Rex learning about the different ecosystems. David may or may not have been named after David Beckham]
~
[Look! Carly stand on her own! And she helps with the laundry!]
~
Carly loves her highchair booster thing. We keep it on the ground between meals and she loves to play on it and sit in it. Isn't it so cute? I'm currently contemplating getting some cute little chair for her birthday [!].
~
And finally, since we've been home for a whole month, its time for us to leave again. Tomorrow we depart on a 9 day, 4 state adventure. We are blessed to be able to go to the temple in Louisville, KY tomorrow morning (we will be missing the USA game, but Chris's parents are recording it, so DONT say anything), then spending time in Indiana, heading to Michigan (babyless!) to find a place to live, and then to Chicago to celebrate the 4th of July with Chris's extended family. Sounds like a party, does it not?
xoxo.

1 comment:

Cami and Juan said...

I am loving her fun hair. And in the booster seat picture, the one on the right, she looks like a 4 year old! You probably don't want to hear that, but she is growing up.