Sunday, June 13, 2010

weekend in review.

We had a nice weekend.
We've spent a great majority of it watching soccer, but we squeezed in some fun activities.
~
On Friday night we got ice cream at Chill.
Its one of those places where they turn the cream into ice cream right there in front of you.
Mine was actually quite good.
But it was mostly peanut butter.
Chris wasn't a huge fan of his.
Not worth the $11 [!] it cost.
Carly had fun, despite how it appears in the pictures.
Saturday morning we headed to K-ville's Farmers Market.
We've been meaning to go for a while, and managed to pick the most insane humid day to go.
We limited our purchases to a fresh fruit smoothie that Carly loved, and a loaf of bread that smelled like heaven but I couldn't actually eat.
We will work on expanding to fruit and veggies, but I'm actually quite intimidated by it all.


It was insanely hot and humid at the Market, and I was eaten alive by mosquito's. I have the proof in little itchy red spots all over my legs. Glamorous.
So the rest of the day we stayed in, and relaxed . . . and of course watched the USA vs England game.
Did you see it?
The US tied with England, 1-1, but their goal was heartbreaking.
The poor England keeper.
He will never live this down.


And today we survived our Sunday.
Our talks went smoothly, though I have a tendency to spout random jibbering personal stories with a few quotes and scriptures and crying and "um"s thrown in there. Chris was fantastic, of course.
And Auntie Jenny came over today, too.

It was a nice weekend. Chris doesn't have much forcing him into campus these days, so our weekend continues tomorrow.
I'm cherishing these summer days before I become a PhD widow.

4 comments:

Lauren Davison said...

Wasn't the outcome of the US vs UK game a draw? 1-1? Unless there was some secret overtime that we didn't get to watch. Hum. Probably a conspiracy.

Taryn said...

Love your curled hair :) So cute. Also love farmer's markets. Just telling Ryan I am feeling a deep yearning to visit one soon.

I like that you posted about your great weekend even though it wasn't anything too grand or adventure filled, because I was thinking how much I enjoyed my weekend because it was a lot the same. Mostly just lots of relaxed time with my hubby and babe. It seems like we haven't had a weekend like that in...oh forever?! And it was so nice. Thanks for reminding me :)

Erin_C said...

haha. No, Lauren it was a draw. I wrote they won then Chris reminded me they tied. Watched WAY too many sporting events this week. ha!

Thanks, Taryn ;) comment was very sweet. I love simple weekends with the fam.

beckster said...

I say again, I have the cutest niece in the whole entire world. The end.