Sunday, June 20, 2010

notes in a box.

I have a little box where I put notes, mementos, and other gizmos that I want to keep.
The box contains all sorts of things that are special to me.
I was digging through that box today looking for something that we seemed to have misplaced.
While I flipped through things, I stumbled upon this:


A note from my daddy.
I said the closing prayer at my seminary graduation and my dad passed me this note on the stand right before hand. I remember expecting it to say "I'm so proud of you" or something along those lines. It said this instead.
But this was better.
I've never doubted that my dad loved me or was proud of me.
And I'm blessed because of that.
I love this little note.
Its one of my all-time favorite keepsakes.
~
Also in my box? 
About 15 of my favorite notes from my boyfriend/fiancee/husband, Chris (depending on when said note was written).
I certainly love this man a lot.
You can tell by the fact that his notes and letters make up about 90% of my little box.
~
Happy Fathers Day to my daddy,
and to Carly's daddy.
~
I love you both times a million.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have a little box full of notes too. I love it. It's so fun to see stuff that was written and to think back on those memories!