Wednesday, June 9, 2010

the stuff of life.

{how delicious is this little fashionista?}

  • I used a curling iron today. I want to say it was the first time since my wedding (yes, I did my own hair at my wedding), but that's not true. Definitely the first time in Carly's existence. I did loose ringlets/wave things. I don't know. I'm sick of my short hair and waiting impatiently for it to grow out. It was a good way to mix it up. And it didn't take much longer than straightening it. Might have to do that more often.
  • Just watched the Blackhawks win the Stanley Cup. Strange, anti-climatic goal. Not anything like last year. Though, I'm a bit biased. Sadly, the Cup will now bare Marian Hossa's name. What can you do? But I'm happy for Jonny T and Chicago. We like Chicago, in general. 
  • This Sunday Chris and I both speak in Church and both have to teach the 3rd hour. Isn't that the way it always goes? I have enjoyed preparing our talks the last few days, though. Its nice to be busting out old Conference talks and sharing thoughts about the Gospel with my EC. Maybe that's a sign we should be doing this more often.
  • I've been trying to work out a lot harder lately. I'm really sore. I have this last little flab layer I can't get rid of. I don't know why. Wait, maybe I know why . . .
  • I'm genuinely addicted to Snickers bars. I mean, when I go through the grocery line, I have an uncontrollable urge to get one. And when I'm with Chris I just bat my eyes at him and he caves in and gets me one. He knows what I'm batting my eyes about, even when it is unspoken. He is my enabler. And I can't think of one thing more de-lish than sinking my teeth into one of those bad boys. I'll have to work on that . . .
  • I'm currently loving this song. I know, weird title/lyrics. Chris already informed me it was "creepy". But I think its catchy and the lyrics are even cute, when taken in a non-creepy way. Please don't deny you thought about marrying some guy at some point when your relationship was nowhere near the marriage point.
  • We can't find a place to live in Michigan. We are currently facing a great debate: closer to campus and not as big/nice, or farther away and a bit bigger/nicer. Why can't we find a place that's close to campus and nice and plenty big but still right in our price range?
  • World Cup starts Friday. Mark your calendars. I would invite you over for a party but we have a hand-me-down 1980s TV. And chances are you probably live in another state. We love the World Cup. Four years ago we got married and went on our Honeymoon during it. And you know what we did at the beach on our honeymoon? We sat inside and watched soccer.
  • Apparently at the pool yesterday I got sunburned. I didn't even notice. Then Chris saw my red back and said, "You got sunburned." Now that he pointed it out to me, its all burny and itchy. Isn't that weird? I wonder if it would still be bothering me if I had never noticed and he had never said anything. 
Such is the stuff of life.

4 comments:

Jamie Boyd said...

We faced the great apartment debate too. We ended up living really close to campus in an older, not-as-nice apartment, but we've actually ended up loving it. Plus I decided it was worth it because Tyler gets to spend time with us that he would have had to spend commuting.

Taryn said...

So I totally said the exact same thing to Ryan about the Stanley Cup ending. VERY anti-climatic. It was more weird than anything.

And I wish I lived in the same state as you so we could watch the world cup. We could even watch it on our tv. It is way nice. Like maybe the late 90's early 00's model and it weighs approx. 200 lbs. Oh and the GIANT rabbit ears on top just make it that much more special :)

As for your apartment...we live about a 20 min commute from school with traffic. It is a little far, but we love where we live. Is there anyone there you could talk to you about location? I am sure you have thought of that, but it helped us decide!

The Fishers said...

I totally share your snickers addiction!!! In high school I got an entire glass container full of them and I ate them all that night. It was heaven. We should have a snickers party while watching the world cup. I think owen would be up for it.

Lanenga Family said...

I forgot to say happy baby "golden birthday!" 10 months on the tenth. :) Good luck with housing!