Monday, February 15, 2010

the best two weeks.

I am a genuine lover of the Olympics.
And I just might love the Winter Olympics more than the Summer.
{gasp!}
The Olympics are sports at its purest.
Very little flash and ego.
These people [mostly] don't have Nike contracts and million dollar bonuses.
They don't even get paid to play.
And what do they get when they win?
Nothing but a medal to wear around their neck.
But the medal means more than a million dollars would.
And that's why I love the Olympics.
~
What else could get me screaming "GO, BABY, GO!!" at a cross country skier?
Who yells at cross-country skiers?
Who cries with fallen skaters?
Who jumps for women's hockey?
I do. Once every 4 years.
~
There are two things I love the most about NBC's Olympic coverage.
1) Olympic commercials.
2) special segments about athletes or teams or countries.
Both yield goosebumps, and occasionally tears, from yours truly.
~
But seriously, the best part about being on the Olympic team?
The wardrobe.

The Polo horse is a little massive for my taste, but I'm in love with the moose hats and must have one some day.
~

Now if you'll excuse me, snowboarding just started.

1 comment:

Taryn said...

I am sooo happy the Olympics are on. We get approximately 3 channels and for someone who is nursing a baby every 3 hours the soap operas get old really fast! And have you seen the commercial where all the athletes are little kids?!? I love it everytime it comes on :) So I too love the Olympics, and although normally summer games are my fav this year I could not be happier with Winter!