Friday, February 5, 2010

i'm not very crafty.

I wish I were more crafty. Someday I want to be like her.
(I don't know her, but I LOVE her.)
Until then, I will settle for cutting heart shapes out of magazines.
~
I was inspired by a friend who recently made really cute V-Day banners.
This morning I looked around our apartment and saw no Valentine decor.
(except pink, red, and white peanut M&Ms. yum.)
I looked out the window and saw the pouring miserable rain.
I looked at Carly and said "I think its craft day."
I decided to make a few banners of my own.
~
step 1. go through old magazines and rip out bright-colored pages.
Carly was very good at this part.

step 2. cut various sized hearts out of magazine pages.
step 3. tape various-sized hearts to any string/yarn/ribbon/twine of choice.
i happened to have traditional red, though I was tempted to use bright teal.step 4. hang in location needing some valentine's magic.

Voila! Free Valentine's decor!

They actually turned out cuter than I expected

Chris came home and said "Hey that's really cute. I like that."

He is well-trained.

I was thinking it would be a fun thing to do every year when I have little kids. Make it a tradition to sit and cut out hearts together and they can each make one for their room.

I had LOTS of hearts. So Carly's crib got one too.

3 comments:

Lauren Davison said...

Erin, I. Love. It. You inspire me! I have so many things to try!!! :)

Taryn said...

Very cute. And seems very simple. I like to craft until about 30 minutes into it and I am not even half way done. No patience I tell ya. But this I think I can handle!

sam and kyrsten said...

this is a super cute idea. i have no valentine decor either.. maybe its time?