Friday, February 12, 2010

breakfast.

what's for breakfast?
peas.
that's what Carly got, anyway.
This morning we were having our usual rice cereal battle.
I scoop it in her mouth, and she smiles and spits it out.
I started thinking, "Maybe this isn't interesting enough for her."
I've been hesitant to give her anything else, because she has yet to master the rice cereal.
But I was losing my patience.
~
Bananas!
Its breakfast time. Lets try bananas.
I had gotten a few jars of baby food just to be prepared.
But then I remembered something Carly's doctor gave us talking about how you should introduce green veggies first so your child doesn't develop a preference for the sweetness of fruit.
{Ummm . . . what child isn't going to prefer sweet things anyway?}
~
But I yeilded to the doctor's advice.
So Carly got peas for breakfast.
And she actually ate them.
Kind of.
As much as she eats anything thats not mama's milk.
A small victory for me.
Kind of.

2 comments:

Bradley and Nicole said...

Carson was the same way! Really I just forced him to eat the food and now he prefers to eat food rather than the bottle! Good luck!

Call Commotion said...

I gave Shaef "green veggies" first and he still prefers anything over fruit! I can't figure out how you can get such a picky baby!