Wednesday, February 3, 2010

goodbye, dear friend.

Dear Booger-Sucker,

I know we've always been good about visiting from time to time, but I would like to thank you for your constant companionship these last 10 days. You and I make a pretty good team, I think, and together we kept Miss Carly eating, sleeping, and, most importantly, breathing. I could not have done it without you.
I know you've had some rough moments over the last week, like how Carly would scream and kick and bury her face in the floor whenever you came near. I'm sorry about that. We'll work on her manners before your next visit.
It appears Carly is back to her old self, playing with mommy,
torturing daddy,and causing all kinds of ruckus.Yes, it seems we have quite a happy baby these days, which means your job here is done.While its been nice having you with us, I'm not sad to see you go. I do hope it is a long time before you come to stay with us for such a long visit again.
~
Best wishes,
Your expert operator.

6 comments:

beckster said...

Oh my gosh, so cute! Is she sitting up for reals? That pic of you and Car is ADORABLE! And, of course, I'm always up for her torturing Daddy....=]

Taryn said...

Glad she is feeling better! For her sake and yours. And Stella has that little Carter's sweater she is wearing in the last picture. She wore it home from the hospital! What a cutie!

sam and kyrsten said...

carli sure is cute. love that last picture!

Lauren Davison said...

WOW! I can't believe you got a self-portrait with her smiling! That's amazing! And cute! :) I'm still scared to use the booger sucker. I tried it once and Emily lost it. Paha. I can't wait until Emily has enough control so I can teach her to torture Kirby! ;)

Stacey said...

Such a funny post! I am so glad she is feeling better! Nothing is greater than a healthy babe. Speaking of babe...she is ADORABLE! Seriously, one of the cutest girls I have seen!

Lanenga Family said...

Love this post! So creative and so true! :)